|The instructions below provide a brief overview of PayPal Donations. For more detailed instructions or to add special features, please refer to the Website Payments Standard Integration Guide.
PayPal Donations is easy to set-up and use:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the Merchant Services tab
- Click on the Donations link
- Specify the name, amount (optional; if you leave amount blank, your donor will be asked to choose a donation amount), and other details of the donation
- Add more optional information such as a customized button graphic and the ability to include a note with the donation
- Click Create Button Now and the Button Factory will generate customized HTML code
- Paste the HTML code on your website to create your Donate button
When a buyer clicks the Donate button, he will be taken to a secure PayPal payment page, where he can log in to an existing PayPal account or sign up for a new one, and quickly complete the transaction.
PayPal Donations HTML Code
Experienced HTML users can bypass the Button Factory and create their own Donations buttons by altering the HTML code directly. The sample code below shows the minimum information you need to create an Donate button (in this case, to make a donation to Team in Training):
|<form name=”_xclick” action=”https://www.paypal.com/fk/cgi-bin/webscr” method=”post”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”cmd” value=”_xclick”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”business” value=”firstname.lastname@example.org”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”item_name” value=”Team In Training”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”currency_code” value=”USD”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”amount” value=”25.00″>
<input type=”image” src=”http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-butcc-donate.gif” border=”0″ name=”submit” alt=”Make payments with PayPal – it’s fast, free and secure!”>
Pasting the code above into your website would generate a button that looks like this:
For more information about using PayPal Donations on your website, see the Website Payments Standard Integration Guide.