For completion of the master degree in orthopedics and its related topic are listed as the thesis titles for the dissertion.
|1.||Assessment of the Biomechanical Properties of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction using different techniques of Fixation in a Bovine Knee Model|
|2.||Review of Surgical Management of Flexion Distraction Injury of the Dorso-lumbar Spine|
|3.||Review of a New Technique for Correction of Cubitus Varus Deformity|
|4.||Thrombophilia in Perthes’ Disease|
|5.||Review of Tapered Femoral Stem Fixation in Cemented Total Hip Replacements|
|6.||Functional and Radiological Outcome of Neglected Diaphyseal both Bones Forearm Fractures in Adult Treated with Plate Osteosynthesis|
|7.||Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction with Quadrupled Hamstring Tendon Graft – A Prospective Follow up study and A Study of Proprioception in the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Deficient Knee|
|8.||Comparison of Fixed-Bearing and Mobile Bearing Total Knee Arthoplasty|
|9.||A Prospective Study Comparing the Early Functional Outcome and Gait between Lateral and Posterior Approaches in Total Hip Arthroplasty|
|10.||Analysis of Functional Outcome and Factors Influencing the Outcome of Floating Knee Injuries|
|11.||Functional Outcome of Unstable Pelvic Fractures – A Retrospective Study|
|12.||Outcome of Single Stage Anterior and Posterior Surgery for Tuberculous Paraplegia|
|13.||Outcome of ilizarov fixator in infected nonunion tibia|
|14.||Functional outcome in patients with ankylosing spondylitis following hi|
|15.||Functional and radiological outcome in low dysplastic spondylolisthesis – A case series|
|16.||Descriptive analysis of clavicle hook plate for the fractures of the lateral end of clavicle and acromioclavicular joint|
|17.||Flexible intramedullary nailing in the management of simple bone cyst|
|18.||Safety, efficacy and functional outcome of flexible nailing (esin) in unstable fractures of both bones of forearm in children|
|19.||Surface electromyography activity in the agonists and antagonists of pronation/supination of the upper limb in patients with cervical compressive myelopathy|
|20.||A retrospective study on functional and radiological outcome in patients operated for mid lumbar fractures of spine admitted to the spinal disorders unit of CMC Vellore from 2001- 2010|
|21.||An analysis of the radiological parameters that may influence the development and progression of adult isthmic spondylolisthesis at L5 – S1 level with a critical analysis of the role of pelvic incidence”|
|22.||Infected non union of lower limb long bones: a retrospective cohort study comparing outcomes of methicillin sensitive staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and extended spectrum beta lactamase producers (ESBL)|
|23.||A study of clinical and functional outcome in adults with extremity soft tissue sarcoma|
|24.||Study of wear rate and its effects in cementless total hip arthroplasty|
|25.||The effect of major orthopedic surgery on the nutritional stautus of the patients|
- Epiphysial injuries.
- Recent advances in orthopaedics.prp in orthopaedics
- The closed treatment of common fractures.
- The pathology of trauma.
- Nerves & nerve injuries.
- Diagnostic orthopaedic pathology.
- A review of orthopaedic surgery in Pakistan.
- New method of treating compound fracture.
- Remodelling of the humerus after supracondylar fractures in childhood.
- Studies in the transplantation of bone.
- Repair and transplantation of bone.
- The biology of fracture healing in long bones.
- Complete fractures of the femur in Paget’s disease of bone.
- Pathological fractures in the proximal part of the femur treated by Zickel-nail fixation.
- The adjunctive use of methylmethacrylate in fixation of pathological fractures.
- Intramedullary fixation of pathological fractures and lesions of the subtrochanteric region of the femur.
- Fatigue fractures of the fibula.
- Stress fracture in children.
- Stress fractures of the fibula.
- Fatigue fractures of the tibia.
- Stress fractures of the femoral neck.
- Radiological diagnosis of fractures.
- Radionuclide scintigraphy in orthopaedics.
- Crush injury to the lower limbs.
- Traction and orthopaedics appliances.
- Advances in external fixation.
- Manual of fracture bracing.
- Current concepts of external fixation of fractures.
- Compression plate fixation and the effect of different types of internal fixation on fracture healing.
- The treatment of fractures of the shaft of the femur using nylon cerclage.
- The use of semi rigid carbon fibre reinforced plastic plates for fixation of human fractures.
- The effects of metal plates on post traumatic remodeling and bone mass.
- Aspects of physical reconditioning.
- Problems of traumatic skin loss of lower limbs,especially when associated with skeletal injury.
- The management of gas gangrene with hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Treatment of chronic osteomyelitis by skin grafting.
- Surgical obliteration of bone cavities following traumatic osteomyelitis.
- The treatment of gaps in long bones by cancellous insert grafts.
- The positive approach to chronic osteomyelitis.
- Treatment of un united fractures of long bones.
- Management of non union.
- Autogenous cancellous strip grafts in the treatment of delayed union of long bone fractures.
- Femoral and tibial fractures combined with injuries to the femoral or popliteal artery.
- Vascular injuries and closed extremity fractures in children.
- The pathology and prevention of volkmann’s ischaemic contracture.
- Volkmann’s contracture in children.
- Supracondylar osteotomy of the humerus for correction of cubitus varus.
- Trauma in children.
- Growth changes in fractured long bones.
- Fractures of the lateral humeral condyle in children.
- Paediatric orthopaedics and fractures.
- The biological effect of continuous passive motion on the healing of full-thickness defects in articular cartilage.
- Anterior cervical subluxation.
- Dislocations at the cervicothoracic junction.
- Trauma of the cervical spine.
- Atlanto-axial fracture dislocations.
- Fracture of atlas vertebra.
- Hyperextension injuries of the cervical spine.
- A study of the mechanics of spinal injuries.
- Fracture-dislocation of the cervical spine.
- Treatment of fractures and dislocations of the thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Displaced transverse sacral fractures.
- Acute thoracolumbar burst fractures in the absence of neurologic defecit.A comparison between operative and non-operative treatment.
- Burst fractures of the thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Spinal column fractures.
- Fractures of the dorso-lumbar spine.
- Internal fixation of the lumbar spine.
- Chest injuries.
- Thoracic trauma.
- Indication for thoracotomy and chest wall stabilization.
- Mechanism of cord injury without vertebral dislocation.
- Surgical techniques of anterior decompression and fusion for spinal cord injuries.
- The management of thoracic and thoracolumbar injuries of the spine with neurological involvement.
- An update on the early management of traumatic paraplegia.
- Acute spinal cord injury.
- Fractures and ligamentous injuries of the clavicle and its articulation.
- Treatment of complete acromioclavicular separation by coracoacromial ligament transfer.
- Surgical treatment of chronic dislocation of the sterno-clavicualr joint.
- Current concepts in the diagnosis and management of acromioclavicular dislocation.
- The surgical treatment of acromioclavicular dislocation.
- Recurrent dislocation of the shoulder.
- Clinical disorders of the shoulder.
- Open reduction & internal fixation of humeral shaft fractures.
- Fractures of the shaft of humerus.
- Complicated fractures & dislocations about the shoulder joint.
- Distal humeral fractures in the adult.
- Remodelling of the humerus after supracondylar fractures in children.
- Prevention & treatment of non-union of slightly displaced fractures of the lateral humeral condyle in children.
- Supracondylar fractures of the humerus in children.
- Intracondylar fractures of the humerus.
- Fractures at the elbow.
- Traumatic dislocation of the head of the radius in children.
- Monteggia fractures.
- Fractures of the olecranon in adults.
- The treatment of isolated fractures of the distal ulna.
- Pronation injuries of the forearm.
- Fractures of the radius & ulna.
- The ellis plate operation for smith’s fracture.
- Malunited fractures of the forearm in children.
- Fractures of the head of radius in children.
- Colles’ fracture.
- Angulation of radius in children’s fractures.
- Medullary fixation of fractures of the forearm.
- Internal fixation in the treatment of fractures of the shafts of the radius and ulna in adults.
- Factors affecting the outcome of colles’s fracture.
- A review of Smith’s fractures.
- Fractures of the scaphoid:a rational approach to management.
- Carpal bone injuries.
- An overview of injuries of the wrist.
- Fractures of the hand.
- Bunnell’s surgery of the hand.
- Acute carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Problem fractures of the hand & wrist.
- Rehabilitation of the hand.
- Central fractures of the acetabulum.
- Central dislocation of the hip.
- Traumatic dislocation & fracture dislocation of the hip.
- Traumatic dislocation of the hip in children.
- External fixation of unstable pelvic fractures.
- Fractures of the neck and intertrochanteric region of the femur in children.
- A histological study of avascular necrosis of the femoral head after transcervical fracture.
- Fractures of the hip in children.
- Treatment of intertrochanteric fractures of the femur.
- Fracture of the femur : a clinical study.
- Stress fractures of the femoral neck.
- Closed reduction and early cast-brace ambulation in the treatment of femoral fractures.
- Closed intramedullary nailing of femoral shaft fractures.
- Fracture of the femur in patients with paget’s disease.
- Supracondylar fractures of femur.
- A comparative study of methods for treating fractures of the distal half of the femur.
- The athlete’s knee.
- The non-operative treatment of collateral ligament injuries of the knee in professional football players.
- Vascular injuries associated with dislocation of the knee.
- A comparison between arthroscopic menisectomy and modified open menisectomy.
- Ligamentous injuries of the knee.
- The function,pathology and surgery of the meniscus.
- Injuries of the knee joint.
- Traumatic dislocation of the knee.
- Combined anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using semitendinosus tendon and iliotibial tract.
- Treatment of fractures of the calcaneus.
- Fractures of the calcaneum.
- Major injuries of the talus.
- Lisfranc’s fracture-dislocation.
- Open reduction in depressed fractures of the os calcis.
- Injuries to the tarsometatarsal joint.
- A prospective randomized study of the management of severe ankle fractures.
- Reconstruction of the anterior talofibular ligament in the treatment of the unstable ankle.
- Functional bracing and rehabilitation of ankle fractures.
- Injuries of the tibio-fibular ligament.
- The treatment of Dupuytren’s fracture-dislocation of the ankle.
- Non-operative versus operative treatment of ankle injuries.
- The management of fresh ruptures of the tendo Achillis.
- Surgical repair of ruptures of the tendo Acillis.
- Treatment of delayed union and non-union of tibia by fibular resection.
- High stress fractures of the fibula.
- Fractures of the tibial shaft & its management.
- Fatigue fractures of tibia.
- Fracture of patella treated by total excision.